Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Doctor's appointment

My appointment went well this morning. I don't have to go through the glucose test! (Thank you, Lord) Dr. Guidice said he wasn't concerned because my bloodsugar was not that high when I was screened, my weight is good, and my bloodsugar was good today at my appointment. Also, I am a planned c-section so the size of the babies is not a concern either. I just have to have my bloodsugar checked at each appointment from now on. I was so happy I wanted to kiss him! Of course, I didn't. I drove by the lab on the way home and canceled my appointment. My cervix is still long and closed, and I go back in one week.

With this outstanding report and the arrival of Jo, Mom, and some nieces and possibly my nephew tomorrow night things couldn't be better.

ashley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,
Wendy forwarded me your blog. This is my first time to "blog" as well. I think it's a great way to keep everyone in touch. It's fun reading all the stories. It takes me back to last year. About this time last year I had just learned I would be heading to the Dr. to be induced. I had a precious baby boy, named Cooper, on June 1, 2005. Brian and I love waking up to Cooper's precious smiles and giggles each day. I can only imagine the joys of having two (all at once)! Your in my thoughts and prayers to make it to 34/36 weeks (and for post birth...where the real fun begins).

What part of SC are you in?

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, you didn't have to take the test. LOL

Glad that everything is doing good.

Enjoy your visit with Mom and Jo.

Love you,
Judy

Ashley said...

Hey Carter! It is so good to hear from you. Congratulations on having your son. We appreciate your prayers.

We live in Lexington, SC which is about 15 minutes outside of Columbia. Where are you living now?

Ashley said...

Thanks, Judy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,
We are in Hendersonville, TN which is about 20 minutes North of Nashville. It's next to Gallatin which is the town we moved to when we left Osceola.
I hope you are enjoying SC. I used to be a camp counselor in Mountain Rest, SC. There's nothing like red Carolina clay! Stay out of the heat this summer (and I hope you have some good magazines because daytime tv is not so good after lunch). I've taken to All My Children again. I guess I'll have to give it up once Cooper starts understanding what they are saying! I like Regis and Kelly and sometimes watch Martha and The View. Luckily, Cooper is starting to get to the age where we can really enjoy going outside and playing (going to the pool).
Say Hello to your family. Hope they are all doing well.

Carter

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

I am happy to read David and your blog on the twins. What a great idea. I wish I was there to help you some. You have a wonderful husband. The two of you are going to be great parents. I got the pleasant experience of the long glucose test, too. Lucky for me, my experience was not has unpleasant as yours. Please rest and take it easy. I know it must be hard for you. I will not be long and you will long for the days to be able to rest in peace and quiet.

Love ya,
Cathy

Ashley said...

Hey Cathy!
It is so good to hear from you. Mom and Jo and the kids left this morning after getting here on Thursday. We had a great time! Jo's kids are growing so fast. Cullom informed David he was moving to SC. I wish I lived closer to them. Anyway, we are doing good. The babies are growing, and my belly (honestly) looks like Phoebe's on Friends when she was pregnant with triplets. I can almost balance a bowl on it!

Give your kids a kiss from me:)