Thursday, August 21, 2008

Amazed....

Thomas and Elizabeth amaze me daily with new things they say and things they remember. They are pretty much talking in sentences now, and it blows me away. Today, I asked E if she would close a door for me. She said, "Close door," and gave it her best shot. I didn't think she was tall enough to do it but was curious. When she couldn't do it I asked, "Are you too little?" She replied, "too yitta." So, I asked T if he could close it for me. Elizabeth thought about this as we walked into the kitchen. She then looked up at me and said, "Yi Yi too yitta...my Thompise close dough-uh." (Translation: Elizabeth too little...my Thomas close door) She has become the caretaker of her brother by both reminding him of rules (ex: "No, Thompise....no open door....wait Mommy."), and offering her help when he is distressed (ex: Need hep, Thompise?) I absolutely LOVE watching them interact with each other.

Thomas thinks his sister is SO funny. He laughs at her and says, "Wibby funny." The other day I had to take T to the hospital for a CT scan (long story) while David stayed home with E. They are rarely apart from one another. Thomas asked for his sister several times while we were waiting for our turn. He kept saying, "Where Wibby, where Wibby?" He was very happy to see her when we got home. T and E love each other and play well together. They are also pretty good at fighting with each other too. I guess that means they are typical, normal brother and sister.

Life is good.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to read about your children and their ever-expanding language. Isn't it amazing to watch your own children do what we learned about in all those classes in grad school?
So wonderful! Keep up the good work, mama!